Production Control Manager
Sorry, this job has expired.
401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees that serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
We are now hiring a Production Control Manager.
As the Production Control Manager you will report to the Plant Manager and are responsible for the production schedule of the manufacturing plant, inventory management and records, as well as the smooth operations of all office activities including truck scheduling and other logistics activities. This includes creating a process and plan that analyzes current production/capacity needs and creates the most efficient production schedules for the plant.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3-5 years as a Production Planning Manager/Scheduler for a manufacturing plant.
• 3-5 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
• Experience in an industrial environment is preferred.
• Work daily with plant Management team and Sales & Operations personnel to develop, publish and communicate production schedule to supervisors in order to meet customer delivery dates.
• Develop and maintain an accurate and effective production schedule for the month and on an annual basis.
• Ensure effective productivity measurements are established for identified functions in plant to fulfill orders from manufacture to shipment to customer.
• Evaluate, analyze, recommend, and implement enhancements to existing work methods flows and processes to increase throughput.
• Supervise front office logistics and production control personnel activities.
• Thoroughly and accurately manage and record inventory.
• Work with local plant Accountant to prepare or assist with the accurate and timely preparation of all plant accounting sales orders, accounting reports, month-end reports, etc.
• Serve as customer contact for the plant either directly with customers or via the corporate customer service department.
• Process complaints, samples, and customer correspondence.
• Prepare year-end production, inventory, and reconciliation reports and adjustments.
• Ensure production meets customer, internal, FRA and AAR requirements.
• Direct & participate in periodic audits to ensure compliance with quality, safety, FRA/AAR, and legal standards.
• Provide regular performance feedback to direct reports & conduct annual performance reviews.
• Ability to solve issues and improve efficiency.
• Excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and manage workload.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities