Multi-Axis CNC Programmer
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Progress Rail, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is a total solutions provider of rolling stock and infrastructure products and services. We are a premier employer within the global rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With headquarters in Albertville, AL, more than 8,000 employees that serve customers through a network of close to 200 worldwide locations, and as one of the most trusted providers of locomotive, freight car, transit, track and signal solutions, we are continually expanding our footprint.
Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to create value for and serve our customers with the best team.
We are now hiring a Multi-Axis CNC Programmer.
As the Multi-Axis CNC Programmer you will contribute to the design, development, and manufacturing of world-class rail products and services vital to our customer’s needs through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. You must exercise independent judgment, decision-making, and creativity. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
You will be responsible for plant layout, fixture design, process improvements, data analysis and project management. You'll be working in a quality-oriented, safety-minded, 5 S’s metal cutting environment. This is a “hands on” shop floor position that will spend at least half of the day working closely with the machinist and operators and it requires effective communication skills with all levels of plant personnel.
• Bachelor's degree in manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering or related field of study preferred, or the equivalent of education and work experience is required.
• Mastercam, Visual basic, Multi-axis CNC programming experience and strong math skills are required.
• Familiarity with Fanuc controls.
• Must be familiar with standards and procedures.
• Program parts using Mastercam software & 3D Models.
• Program parts using G-Code programming.
• Create programming macros using Visual Basic.
• Maintain fixture procedures.
• Write shop floor operating procedures.
• Troubleshoot shop floor issues.
• Help with checking of programs.
• Responsible for shop floor improvements and processes.
• Help with tooling issues.
• Assist operators on CNC machines.
• Assist and manage processes related to new machine start-up and programming.
Must have knowledge of the following:
• Blueprint reading
• Visual Basic macro writing through Microsoft Excel
• Autocad software
• Multi-axis CNC programming
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities