Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
We are now hiring a Maintenance Supervisor.
As the Maintenance Supervisor you will maintain a preventative maintenance program and keep accurate maintenance records while constantly striving to maintain a goal of zero downtime. You will also be responsible for assigning scheduled PM's and the completion of facility maintenance. This position is a working leadership role in which you will assist in troubleshooting and allocation of resources for emergency repairs.
You will lead and manage the maintenance department at a large manufacturing plant located in Taylor Mill, KY. The maintenance department consists of 12 highly skilled maintenance technicians that are placed on multiple shifts to provide 24/7 coverage in order to maintain equipment to support production, perform initial equipment mechanical installation, and make minor machine modifications and necessary repairs.
• High school diploma and a combination of education and/or experience in Industrial Maintenance.
• Formal training and/or education in PLC is preferred.
• 5+ years industrial, mechanical maintenance experience, preferably in an automotive machining or manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Fanuc robots and CNC controls, Allen-Bradley PLC’s and industrial controls, and Siemens controls as it pertains to troubleshooting machines is preferred - experience in programming these is a plus but not required.
• Knowledge of current industrial electrical standards and codes (NEC, NFPA 79) and HVAC.
• Knowledge of industrial facility codes and practices.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use a personal computer.
• Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical manufacturing operations such as hydraulic presses, bending, CNC milling, drilling, grinding, and laser welding machines.
• Troubleshoot automated assembly processes such as material handling, conveyance devices, robotics, presses, etc.
• Perform predictive and preventative maintenance.
• Provide supervision and direction to a team of 12 Maintenance technicians, including annual performance evaluations and skills development.
• General machine rebuild skills required.
• Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints.
•Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities